The former collegiate church of St Waudru was built in the late Gothic style. It contains some wonderful 16th-century Renaissance stained glass, given by the Spanish Habsburgs, and a number of fine Renaissance sculptures by Jacques Du Broeucq. Each Trinity Sunday, it is the focus for a festival, the Ducasse de Mons, in which the reliquary of St Waudru is carried through Mons in a procession. This event has been recognised by UNESCO as a masterpiece of the oral and intangible heritage of humanity!
Building listed by RD (15-01-1936)
Listed as an exceptional heritage site of Wallonia