Location of the old port, built at the place called the shore, behind the fiefdom of La Luzerne. In the 17th century, storms silted up the mouth of the...Read more
This street takes its name from the building (No. 2) that was once used to manufacture ropes for ships until the 12th century. The municipality was until...Read more
Typical 17th century village houses with a roof called a pas d'hirondelle and their stairs allowing craftsmen to access the dwelling. The workshop was...Read more
You can see the 17th century fiefdom of Sémilly. In the past, the mouth of the Seulles passed at the foot of the estate's wall, rue Nicole Denis. A door...Read more
The monument takes on the form of the V of victory. It also represents the bow of a ship coming from the sea. It was inaugurated in 1950 as a tribute to...Read more
Inukshuk means "human form" in the Inuit language. It is a stone pile built by the Inuit in northern Canada and the Arctic region to mark the site of major...Read more
A plaque in front of the Canadian House indicates that she was liberated by this regiment, which suffered very heavy casualties there on June 6, 1944.
In memory of the Canadian soldiers of the 10th Armoured Regiment Fort Grarry Horse, who died on Juno Beach to liberate Bernières-sur-Mer.