In 1610, monks obeying the precepts of St. Jerome built a convent nearby.
Both buildings were sold as national property during the French Revolution...Read more
The chapel was built on the former Fosse des Trépassés, one of the most important slate quarries of the town in the 18yh century.
The St Roch chapel is situated on the "Bâty" square.
The legend of the chapel of St. Roch
While a plague epidemic devastated...Read more
How tiny you feel in front of this St. George's church...
Dimensions: 62 m long, 20 m wide and 70 m high.
Built between 1872 and 1876 on...Read more
The houses also have a specific shape rectangular and at the beginning of the 20th century, L-shaped and T-shaped houses.
Another typical element of...Read more
The fresco is dedicated to the men who extracted blocks of slate from the mines.
This work made of slate and concrete is located avenue Jean Jaurès.
Sold in the 19th century (1825) to an entrepreneur who established a factory of chicory, the castle became, in 1837, the ownership of the slate-quarry...Read more