Already registered ? Log in

Search >Point of interest >Places of interest >Various >france >basse-normandie >calvados >anisy15 Result(s)


Type of object



Localization





image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

Former school and town hall (no. 4) - PRIVATE

Purchased from the Auvray family in 1838, this house became the village school for 125 years. From 1948 onwards, the growing number of school-age children...Read more

4 Rue de la Mairie 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.252449Lng : -0.391511
52 m
image utilisateur
image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

Old presbytery (at the corner of the two streets) - PRIVATE

Acquired by the parish in 1692, it formerly consisted of a manor house and various buildings with a courtyard, two gardens and several pieces of arable...Read more

2 Chemin de Colomby 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.253038Lng : -0.392
54 m
image utilisateur
image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

Field hospital in 1944

On 24 August 1944, after the liberation of the village, a Royal Air Force medical unit set up a field hospital in this grassland. Several aircraft were...Read more

1 Rue du Clos Saint-Pierre 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.252947Lng : -0.391463
54 m
image utilisateur
image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

Hand-held fire pump room

Built in the late 19th century and used until the early 20th century. Hand pumps were often powered by water from nearby ponds or groundwater.

1 Rue du Clos Saint-Pierre 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.253017Lng : -0.391608
54 m
image utilisateur
image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

Former place of ancient presence

The foundations of a probable Gallo-Roman villa have been discovered here, as well as those of buildings and the remains of a late medieval fireplace.

1 Rue Clarke Lawson 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.253591Lng : -0.391527
55 m
image utilisateur
image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

Canadian commemorative plaque

2 Rue Clarke Lawson 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.253787Lng : -0.391844
56 m
image utilisateur
image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

Former presbytery (opposite no. 6) - PRIVATE

A beautiful cross adorns the entrance to the old gate. During the occupation, the location of the kommandantur annex (which was in Colomby-sur-Thaon) was...Read more

6 Rue Charles la Butte 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.2532Lng : -0.3934
57 m
image utilisateur
image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

N°4 rue des Écoles

This was the location of one of the former school's classrooms (see no. 2), which was housed in the living room of the former presbytery (see no. 11).

4 Rue des Écoles 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.252915Lng : -0.393019
56 m
image utilisateur
image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

Main Street

Totally preserved during the bombardments of June 1944. The houses along it, characteristic of the housing of the Caen plain in the 18th century, are built...Read more

24 Rue Principale 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.24974Lng : -0.39524
52 m
image utilisateur
image utilisateur
/ 110 d / 0 m

Former grocery shop (#27) - PRIVATE

In the past, this was a farmhouse with a cart, which until 1980 was the village's grocery shop. During the Second World War a shell hit the façade,...Read more

27 Rue Principale 14610 Anisy
Lat : 49.249652Lng : -0.395465
52 m
image utilisateur
12