The Pilon bridge, located in the village of the same name, has been used to cross the Tenu since 1865. This village is a very old place of passage, frequented...Read more
The name of the town comes from the Latin căsa which means "hut", thus evoking the modest size of the first town. However, the first mention is attested...Read more
HISTORY OF RAVEN-WOOD
The chapel of the castel Renven-Wood (Bois-Corbeau) dates from the 12th century and was built by the monks of the abbey of Sainte-Marie-de-Pornic.
A pretty well restored mill that can be seen from the road.
The old presbytery dates from the 12th century. The building was restored and remodeled in the 14th and 15th centuries. The central part bears the date...Read more
A little history :
The lands of Cheix en Retz were already populated during prehistoric times. The men who became sedentary built a village on...Read more
The Saint-Martin church dates from 1856, it is the work of the architect Joseph-Fleury Chenantais, to whom we owe the old Palais de Justice in Nantes.