Déjà inscrit ? Connectez-vous
Chaucisse church
Chaucisse church
Chaucisse church

Chaucisse church

Crédit : Burnet Edmond

Large chapel or small church? The hamlet of Chaucisse was a very long walk from the parish church… especially in winter! In 1818, therefore, a chapel was erected in the village in order to be able to celebrate services… without the risk of travel.
In 1815, Joachim Dumax-Baudron (1750-1828), former cook of Marshal Berthier, originally from Chaucisse, decided to bequeath a chapel and a school to his hamlet of origin. The chapel, dedicated to Saint François de Sales, was built in 1818. Ten years later, by decision of the bishop, it became a parish church. But in the 1960s, with the demographic decline, the parish was finally attached again to Saint-Nicolas-la-Chapelle.
The tavaillons (wooden “tiles”) roof and painted walls of this private chapel have recently been restored.
Inside, you will find furniture and decoration in which the artistic tastes of the Baroque period are expressed.

Infos techniques

Hameau de Chaucisse
73590 Saint-Nicolas-la-Chapelle
Lat : 45.827682Lng : 6.48379
0 m
47 j

4 informations complémentaires

Open period

Throughout the year : open daily.

Updated by

Office de Tourisme du Val d'Arly - 30/04/2021

Price(s)

Free of charge

Contact

Phone : 04 79 31 61 08

Email : info@flumet-montblanc.com

Website :
www.flumet-montblanc.com
https://drone-de-regard.fr/VR/FACIM/73_Chaucisse.html

Les hébergements à proximité

En poursuivant votre visite, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies permettant d'améliorer votre navigation. Pour en savoir plus, cliquez ici. Vous avez également la possibilité de refuser la publicité personnalisée.