Alert

Alerts

To see around
See more
Open
Close
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show

Oups... It would appear that Cirkwi does not have permission to use your location.

Presentation
Map
Points of interest
Ratings and reviews
See around

Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10

Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10
Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10
Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10
Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10
Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10
Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10
Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10
Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10
Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10
Col des Aravis - Bogneuve FFC n°10

Technical Information

Mountainbiking
Difficulty
Easy
Duration
1h
Dist.
7.4 km
Show more

Altimetric profile

Starting point

73590   La Giettaz
Lat : 45.872113Lng : 6.465231

Points of interest

image du object

Chapel of St Anne

This chapel on the Aravis pass is dedicated to Saint Anne, patron saint of travelers. Erected in 1650, it was rebuilt around 1765 by the parish priest of La Giettaz, and although it is located in the commune of La Clusaz, it is maintained by both parishes.Dedicated to Saint Anne, it served as a refuge for travelers caught in bad weather as they crossed the pass. A visit in 1766 described it as having no bell, no ornaments or chalice, and no door. Its founder was Noble Pierre François de Riddes de Belletour, Seigneur de Flumet. He had asked the parish priest of La Clusaz to hold an annual mass on Saint Anne's Day. So, on Saint Anne's Day, July 26, many people arrived for the vogue. That said, this same crowd had already partied the day before, on the occasion of Saint-Jacques on the Beauregard plateau, at a place called Les Vaunessins. It is reported that there were numerous outbursts.... On March 6, 1751, the bishop forbade the celebration of mass on Saint Anne's Day. The Aravis vogue came to an end... However, the parishioners of La Clusaz and La Giettaz have long organized processions in times of disaster, or to ask for rain in times of drought. The inhabitants of La Giettaz and La Clusaz have long disputed the boundaries of the 2 communes. On which territory did the chapel stand? Neither arguments nor discussions found an answer, so Mother Nature decided - and this is not a pun! - and the problem was settled once and for all. Indeed, one fine morning, everyone could make out a long furrow running from the chapel to the foot of the cliff. Detecting this as "the mark of the hand of God, or perhaps of Saint Anne", the inhabitants of the two communes ceased their quarrelling and took part in the pilgrimage to mark the feast of Saint Anne. "Let's keep going. Slow as we go, we'll come a long way."

Col des Aravis 73590 La Giettaz
- Office de Tourisme du Val d'Arly -
Consulter

Date and time

  • From 01/06/2026 to 30/09/2026

Additional information

Updated by

Office de Tourisme du Val d'Arly - 10/10/2025
www.valdarly-montblanc.com
Report a problem

Open period

De 01/06 a 30/09.

Contact

Phone : 04 79 32 91 90

Email : sentiers@valdarly-montblanc.com

Ratings and reviews

To see around
See more
Open
Close
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Caution!
We have no information on the difficulty of this circuit. You may encounter some surprises along the way. Before you go, please feel free to inquire more and take all necessary precautions. Have a good trip! 🌳🥾