Discover the international capital of architecture on this half-day guided tour. This comprehensive tour covers the North and South Sides of the city, including the business district, the historical center and other top sites!
DISCOVER ALL OF CHICAGO'S BEST SITES ON THIS HALF-DAY TOUR.
Departing from Chicago's city center, you will set off on this comprehensive tour of the city's North and South Sides. Your guide will give you all sorts of information on the history and architecture of the locations visited.
First, you will visit the city's northern neighborhoods and discover, among other sites:
* The Loop (Chicago's business district, the second-biggest in the US)
* Richard J Daley Center (with its famous Picasso sculpture)
* State Street & Wacker Drive (two of the main roads in Chicago)
* Chicago River (which flows through the city)
* Wrigley Building (a Renaissance-inspired skyscraper )
* Magnificent Mile (the city center with its magnificent buildings)
* The Water Tower (a building with unique architecture)
* John Hancock Center (one of the tallest towers in the world)
* Lincoln Park (a beautiful green space)
* Wrigley Field (The baseball stadium of the Chicago Cubs)
* Chicago Botanical Gardens
* Newberry Reference Library (a library built over 100 years ago)
Next, you'll head to the South of the city, to see sites including:
* Grant Park & Buckingham Fountain (a public park where you can see the famous Buckingham Fountain)
* Soldier Field (famous American Football Stadium of the Chicago Bears)
* Adler Planetarium (magnificent planetarium right beside Lake Michigan)
* Petrillo Music Shell (a massive outdoor amphitheater, host to multiple concerts)
* Art Institute of Chicago (the second largest art gallery in the US)
* Chicago Symphony Orchestra
* Shedd Aquarium (Chicago's biggest)
* Field Museum of Natural History
* South Commons (a rich residential quarter)
* Jackson Park (a large park beside Lake Michigan)
* University of Chicago (and its Victorian architecture)
* Museum of Science and Industry
* Lake Point Towers (a unique skyscraper)
* Navy Piers (the famous jetty with numerous attractions as well as cruise ships)
* And many more!
During the tour, you'll take two breaks to explore your surroundings, going on a stroll through the heart of Lincoln Park as well as Museum Campus, where you will find Chicago's biggest and best museums. Enjoy a lovely walk by Lake Michigan before being returned to the centre of Chicago.
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/chicago/guided-tour-of-chicago-by-minibus-and-foot
* Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
* Duration: 4 hours approx.
* Language: commentary in English
* Departure time:
June 1 to September 30 – 9:30am, 11:30am or 3:30pm
October 1 to May 31 – 10am, 12-noon * Departure point: Michigan Avenue
* To participate in this activity, simply present your voucher to the service provider on the day
* The tour is a sightseeing tour during which you can observe numerous buildings. No museums or monuments will be visited during the tour, but you will have the chance to take a walk in Lincoln Park and Museum Campus, where the city's biggest museums are found.
* Your tour will be conducted in an air-conditioned vehicle
* Your tour will end in central Chicago
* A comprehensive tour of Chicago's most beautiful sites (North and South sides)
* Commentary from a professional guide
* Pizza and a non-alcoholic drink in one of Chicago's best pizzerias (only with the 'Guided Tour + Pizza' option)
* Entry to Chicago 360 (only with the 'Guided Tour + Chicago 360' option)
* Entry to any museums or monuments
* Pick-up/drop off at your hotel
* Tips (optional)
* All other extras
Detailed information, including the exact location of the departure point, will be sent to you upon reservation
Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
No charges will be levied for cancellations made more than 7 days before the date of the activity (excluding special dates). After this, the following charges will be levied:
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.