This stone and brick building was built by the royal architect: Jules-Hardouin Mansart. It originally housed the convent of the teaching sisters of the Notre-Dame congregation.
At the height of its operation, the convent welcomed two hundred to three hundred boarders, in addition to seventy nuns.
During the French Revolution, the hotel-Dieu is transferred there, the hospital will remain there until 1977.
In 1985, the town hall moved into the buildings.
Some architectural elements recall the first function of the building:
- pinnacle at the top of the slate roof
- attic with a chestnut wood frame occupied from 1791 to 1977 by the hospital
- Chapel transformed into a wedding hall
(Registered in the supplementary inventory of historical monuments 1926)
Phone : 01 64 78 40 00
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.nemours.fr
Every day throughout the year.
Closed on Sunday.
Closed exceptionally on bank holidays.
Office de Tourisme du Pays de Nemours - 19/03/2020