To see around
See more
Open
Close
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show

Oups... It would appear that Cirkwi does not have permission to use your location.

The market hall

The market hall
Credit : S.Ravoux

Description

Les Halles or covered marketplace in Châtillon-sur-Chalaronne were originally build in 1440 and were rebuilt in 1670 after a fire destroyed them. The structure measures 80m by 20m and a market is still held there every Saturday morning.
After being destroyed by fire in 1670 Les Halles were rebuilt to the original design thanks to the diligence of the then mayor of Châtillon-sur-Chalaronne, Philibert Collet and the generosity of the Countess of Châtillon, Melle de Montpensier who was known as the ‘Grande Demoiselle’. The countess was a cousin of King Louis XIV and through her good offices the king allowed the people of Châtillon-sur-Chalaronne to take all the timber necessary for the reconstruction work from the surrounding forests.

Technical information

Updated at : 20/12/2023
Place des Halles
01400 Châtillon-sur-Chalaronne
Lat : 46.119105Lng : 4.956776

Altimetric profile

Additional information

Contact

Phone : 04 74 55 02 27

Email : contact@dombes-tourisme.com

Website : www.dombes-tourisme.com/fr/

Updated by

Dombes Tourisme - 19/12/2023
www.dombes-tourisme.com/fr/
Report a problem

Data author

Image Dombes Tourisme
proposed by Dombes Tourisme
Place du Champ de Foire 01400 Chatillon-sur-Chalaronne

Ratings and reviews

To see around
See more
Open
Close
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show