The judaic community established itself foremost in the surroundings of the synagogue in the highest part of the city. However, the dispersion of Jewish families through various streets, indicates the integration of christians and jewish inhabitants. The Judaic Tower denotes by its name the presence of jewish families next to this stretch of the city-wall which was erected in 1170 by Fernando II. From the eighteenth century, the medieval tower formed an integral part of the residential compound of the Blanco-Cicerón family who were important members of Tui’s noble class.
☚| PREVIOUS POINT
☛| NEXT POINT