The hospital built in 1757 was one of the works built on the orders of Bishop Juan Manuel Rodríguez Castañón and was erected on the same site as the medieval hospital. As well as the building providing a place of care and assistance, it also housed notary offices and the church prison on the lower floor. On the two upper floors and arranged around a baroque style patio, there were separate areas for treating male and female patients; a chapel; the administrator’s rooms; the doctor’s Surgery, as well as the kitchen.
☚| PREVIOUS POINT
☛| NEXT POINT