Saint Jacques le majeur at Pracompuet. Always open, on the Vernettes pilgrimage path.
Built in 1684, dedicated at first to saint Guérin, protector of horned animals, and saint Antoine de Padoue, the biggest clergyman of the Middle Ages. (Represented on the picture of the choir)
The chapel has a beautiful wooden swiss pine grate, a simple altarpiece with a picture in the center of which thrones a black Madonna with Child, which came from the sanctuary of Oropa in Piedmont, where inhabitants of Peisey worked as cloth merchants.
On the picture we also see Saint Jacques the major with one shell on his shoulder, the pilgrim whose burial place is at Compostelle.
You will notice the beautiful lock of the old door, the water font in the window, the small bell tower with its arrow of tuff.
Phone : 04 79 07 94 28
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.peisey-vallandry.com
Throughout the year : open daily.
Office de Tourisme de Peisey Vallandry - 18/02/2019
Report a problem
Free of charge