Now occupied by a brewery, the old beguinage of Saint-Esprit (Holy Spirit) owes its name to its founder. As recalled by the motto embedded in one of its walls, it was an idea created in 1614 by city mayor Philippe le Rousseau, nicknamed ‘Saint-Esprit’, and his wife. The origin of this nickname was a room belonging to the family that had the banner of Saint-Esprit over it. Bought by the City and restored in the second half of the 20th century, the beguinage was occupied by the Architecture Museum for a short period. As witnesses to the now-disappeared museum, several architectural elements decorate the terraces that come from the four corners of the city.