Already registered ? Log in
Saint Martin church

Saint Martin church

Located in the center of the primitive city, the church will be destroyed by the War of the Beggars. It will be rebuilt from 1562 in the form of a large hallekerque (market hall). The building suffered terribly during the last world war (fire in 1940 and blasting of the tower in 1944). Only one part was restored (south transept, central choir and south choir) and completed by a new construction in 1959.

Technical information

16 Rue de la Gare
59380 Bergues
Lat : 50.9686Lng : 2.43067
0 m
4 years