

The Temple de l'Amitié, inspired by the Greek style, was built between 1812 and 1825 on the foundations of the former parish church of St Gilles. The transept was added after 1844 in the image of the two arms of the cross of the old Romanesque church. This temple was to house the Cacault tombs. However, the Cacault family opposed the transfer of the ashes of Pierre and François to the Temple. They would be buried in Nantes. In the end, Lemot himself was buried there in 1827 (along with certain members of his family).
The Temple is listed as a Historic Monument and can be seen from the viaduct.
Email : contact@mairie-clisson.fr
Téléphone : 02 40 80 17 80