Already registered ? Log in
Old talc quarries of Fangas and Porteille (1450m-1650m)

Old talc quarries of Fangas and Porteille (1450m-1650m)

The Talers Mining Company of Montferrier operated the Fangas and Porteille sites from 1896 to 1968. The mined ore was transported by cable car to the Montferrier mill. The rupture of the cable car and landslides led to the cessation of the operation of the site. The ruins of the barracks recall the life of former miners who operated the open pit mine.

Technical information

Le Fangas et la Porteille
09300 Montferrier
Lat : 42.8558724Lng : 1.7871451
0 m
1 year