The Saint John the Evangelist collegiate church was founded in approximately 980 by the first Prince-Bishop Notger. The church’s plans were inspired by the Palatine chapel of Charlemagne in Aachen. Notger was buried here. The edifice stood until 1754, at which point it was demolished to be replaced by the current building. Only the tower, with its set of 35 bells, dates back to the Romanesque period. The 16th and 18th century cloister contains many ancient tombstones, some of which date back to the 15th century. In Liège, the mystery of the Prince-bishop’s final resting place still remains.
Aufgrund der aktuellen Gesundheitssituation (Coronavirus) ist diese touristische Sehenswürdigkeit geschlossen.
Vom 15/06 bis 15/09Montag : 14:00 -17:00.Dienstag : 10:00 - 12:00 et 14:00 - 17:00.Mittwoch : 10:00 - 12:00 et 14:00 - 17:00.Donnerstag : 10:00 - 12:00 et 14:00 - 17:00.Freitag : 14:00 -17:00.Samstag : 10:00 - 12:00 et 14:00 - 17:00.Sonntag : 14:00 -17:30.GottesdiensteSonntag : 18:00.