Explore a surreal sight on a walk discovering geysers, natural pools and minerals in surprising colours. A guaranteed change of scenery!
EXPLORE A SURREAL SIGHT ON A WALK DISCOVERING GEYSERS, NATURAL POOLS AND MINERALS IN SURPRISING COLOURS. A GUARANTEED CHANGE OF SCENERY!
The vast geothermic park of Wai-O-Tapu is located 20 minutes from Rotorua. Three important trails succeed each other and cover the entirety of this unique area. At your own pace, discover the different spots of geothermal activity, the colourful landscapes and the flora that exists in this landscape.
Along these 3 long trails, you will see a number of natural sites including:
* The Lady Know Geyser: this imposing geyser erupts every day at 10:15am!
* The bubbles of the largest mud pool in New Zealand
* The Artists Palette: as water extends over the banks of this pool, the temperature lowers as does its colour
* The champagne pool: it gets its name from its champagne colour and the bubbles produced by carbon dioxide that is diffused in a -74° C on the surface of the water
* 700 year old craters (and older!) like the “Falcon’s Nest”, “Devil’s Bath” and the Ngakoro crater and its green lake
For the more curious and brave among you, you can make your way to a belvedere from which you can observe the Ohaaki Power Station, Kaingaroa Forest, the different blue and green lakes that dot the landscape, Sulphur Mount and Alum cliffs. The trail continues to Bridal Veil Falls and Wai-O-Tapu Geyser.
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/auckland/entry-to-geothermic-park-wai-o-tapu
Access to the Wai-O-Tapu park at the Lady Knox Geyser
The guided walking tour in your chosen language
Food and drinks
Transport to the sight
All other extras
* Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
* Duration: day pass. Allow for a minimum of 4 hours to enjoy and discover the park and its many trails
* Park Opening times:
* April-October (+ Christmas day): 8:30am to 5pm (Last entry at 3:45pm)
* November-March: 8:30am-6pm (Last entry at 4:45pm)
* THE ERUPTION OF GEYSER LADY KNOX TAKES PLACE AT 10:15AM
* You may bring your own lunch or purchase food onsite (at the Geyser café of the welcome centre)
* A 200 car parking lot is available to visitors
Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
No charges will be levied for cancellations made more than 7 days before the date of the activity (excluding special dates). After this, the following charges will be levied:
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.