Be tempted by an underground visit to the heart of the most famous caves in New Zealand!
BE TEMPTED BY AN UNDERGROUND VISIT TO THE HEART OF THE MOST FAMOUS CAVES IN NEW ZEALAND!
Hidden deep in the heart of the Waikato region, the Waitomo caves have existed for hundreds of years. Your guided tour will bring you to an ancient cavernous labyrinth consisting of over 250 metres of corridors lined with superb underground landscapes. You will see and observe a number of caves and limestone formations. Admire the deep limestone well called a "Tomo", a cavern called the Cathedral (whose acoustics are famous worldwide) and even a cave nicknamed “the banquet hall”.
The most famous cavern, “the Cave of Glowworms” will treat you to a unique experience as you trail the water: you will float silently under the shining light and glow of hundreds of fireflies suspended to the ceiling and walls of this cave, creating a magical night-time sky deep underground. Throughout your visit, your guide will tell you how these caverns were formed and will explain their discovery by the Maori people.
If you wish, you may opt for an even more complete tour with a visit of the Aranui cave and/or that of Ruakuri (see options).
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/auckland/ticket-waitomo-caves
Tour of Waitomo Caves
The tour of Aranui cave (only for the 90 minute or a 3 hours and 30 minute tour)
The tour of Ruakuri cave (only for the 2 hour and 45 minute visit or the 3 hours and 30 minute tour)
The services and commentary of an expert specialist throughout the tour
Transport to the sight
All other extras
* Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
* Departure point: Waitomo visitor centre
* Times: departures every 30 minutes - first bus departure at 9am to 5pm (last departure at 2:30pm for the full 3 hours and 30 minute visit / last departure at 3pm for visits to Waitomo + Ruakuri or Waitomo + Aranui)
* YOU ARE ASKED TO PRESENT YOURSELF TO THE VISITOR WELCOME CENTRE 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE TOUR DEPARTURE TIME
* Photographs are forbidden during the Waitomo cave tour
* Only the Ruakuri cave is accessible to wheelchair users
* Please remember to bring good shoes and a warm jacket or vest
Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
No charges will be levied for cancellations made more than 7 days before the date of the activity (excluding special dates). After this, the following charges will be levied:
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.