Visit a luxury family villa and modern architectural masterpiece only 25 minutes from Lille!
VISIT A LUXURY FAMILY VILLA AND MODERN ARCHITECTURAL MASTERPIECE ONLY 25 MINUTES FROM LILLE!
Villa Cavrois was built between 1929 and 1932 by architect Robert Mallet-Stevens, a key figure in the modernist movement. Commissioned by Paul Cavrois - a textile industrialist from Roubaix - and his wife, the villa was built to accommodate the couple and their 7 children.
Following very precise construction rules, the villa was equipped with all of the most advanced technologies of the period. The finished structure created an esthetic jolt at the time and continues to surprise visitors to this day: from the building’s luminosity, hygiene, comfort and the impressive use of armoured concrete and steel. Mallet-Stevens was also the designer behind the surrounding park landscape and the villa’s interior furnishings.
After the death of Madame Cavrois in 1986, the furniture was dispersed and the villa sold. Following a long period of abandon where the building was subject to vandalism, the state bought the villa in 2001 and undertook vast renovation work in order to repair and restore the site to it’s original glory of 1932. From 2008 to 2015, the villa was refurbished under the supervision of the National Centre of Monuments. You will have access to the 4 floors of the villa and can admire the spaces made of luxury materials including marble, exotic woods and polished aluminum.
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/lille/e-ticket-villa-cavrois
Admission to Villa Cavrois
All other extras
* Availability: Every day except Tuesday (excluding exceptional dates)
* Opening times: 10am to 6pm
* Duration: variable (day pass)
* Last admission 1 hour before closing
* YOU WILL BE ASKED TO INDICATE A PROVISIONAL DATE FOR YOUR VISIT WHEN YOU BOOK, BUT YOUR TICKET IS NOT RESTRICTED TO THIS DATE. YOUR TICKET IS VALID UP TO 1 YEAR FROM THE DATE OF YOUR CHOICE UPON RESERVATION
* A brochure available in French, English, German and Dutch will be provided at the entrance
* The site is accessible for people with reduced mobility
* The following visitors can enter free-of-charge: Visitors under the age of 18 years and residents of the European Union aged 26 years and under, disabled persons and their attendants, unemployed, and Culture Card holders - ICOM Card and Education Pass (valid proof of ID required)
No cancellations, no refunds
This activity cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.