Leave behind the bustling streets of Mexico City and enjoy hiking on one of the most iconic volcanoes in Mexico. Admire the incredible and unobstructed views over the valley of Mexico City!
ESCAPE THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF MEXICO CITY AND DISCOVER THE RURAL SIDE OF MEXICO, WITH A HIKE UP THE IXTACCIHUATL VOLCANO, ONE OF THE COUNTRY'S HIGHEST VOLCANOES WHICH CURRENTLY LIES DORMANT! THIS HIKE OFFERS AN INCREDIBLE VIEW OVER THE VALLEY.
Your journey will begin at the crack of dawn, as you travel to the town of La Joya, which is located at the foot of the volcano. From there, reach Cortes' Passage, which is located at more than 3,700 meters above sea level, by minibus. The passage takes it's name from Hernando Cortes, the 16th century conquistador. This route will allow visitors to reach the Popocatepetl and Ixtaccihuatl volcanoes.
From here, the tour is on foot. There are paths for beginners, weekend hikers, and professionals. Your group will take an intermediate level hike so that both beginners and professionals can enjoy it.
As the tour comes up the Ixtaccihuatl's summit, the third highest in Mexico, enjoy the magestic view of it's active neihbor, Popocatepetl. This tour will leave you with unforgettable views of the Mexican landscape, all thanks to a little exercise!
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/mexico/hike-along-the-paths-of-the-ixtaccihuatl-volcano
* Availability: see calendar (ecluding exceptional dates)
* Departure point: one of the two hotels in the center of town
* To take part in this activity you must present your voucher to the on-site service provider
* Comfortable clothing and footwear recommended
* Visitors are also recommended to bring plenty of water with them
* Shuttle ride from the city to the departure point
* Hike up the Ixtaccihuatl Volcano, from the Cortes passage
* Company of a qualified guide for the entirety of the trip
* Entry fee to different nature reserves
* Return transport to/from your hotel in Mexico City
* Gratuities (optional)
* Any added extras
Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
No charges will be levied for cancellations made more than 7 days before the date of the activity (excluding special dates). After this, the following charges will be levied:
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.