









Built in the 12th century by the Count of Lutzelbourg, it owes its name to the rock overhanging its courtyard, similar to a falcon. It was rebuilt after a fire caused by lightning in 1564, but its owner abandoned it to settle in the valley, creating the present Philippsbourg. A second fire in 1623 destroyed the castle, which was not rebuilt. Some of its stones were then used to build the surrounding villages. It was classified as a historical monument in 1929.