The village took its name from the rock which dominates the Serre valley. It is remarkable by its situation and its history which links it to Saint Saturnin de Lenne.
In 1497, La Roque came definitively in the royal domain.
But in 1623, it is demolished, according to the wish of Richelieu. Gradually, noble families left La Roque and the village lost its power, to the benefit of St Saturnin.
La Roque had a double surrounding wall, with a gap between the two walls.
Today, there are ruins of the former ramparts, of the Tower of the Boulevard, the Front Door (Pourtalas) and its sally port where a museum was placed. There, we can see an exhibition of former tools, photos and other moving memories.
Some beautiful restored houses and the Romanesque church give an abundance of character.
Beautiful point of view on the Lot Valley.