The first church of St Saturnin de Lenne, which dominates the Serre valley, was built during the 11th century. It had been reconstructed during the 12th century, then enlarged during the 13th.
During the 11th century, Bégon de Calmont gave the churches of St Saturnin and La Roque to the abbey of Conques. Around 1100, monks started to reconstruct the church. But works stopped.During the 13th century, the tower was completed by the building of a bell room lighted by 4 bays and covered by a dome with shale tiles.The 19th century brought numerous transformations : bays were opened in the east end, 2 bays were added between 1852 and 1856. Finally, an architech of Mende proposed to elevate the bell tower and to add a roof light of 8 small columns, of the Neo-Byzantine style.
Outside, sculptures represent historiated scenes (birds, horsemen, ...) from the end of the 11th century, in particular on the modillions of the east end and the transept.