Discover the rugged landscapes of the San Andreas fault and learn all about the history of this geological phenomenon by jeep!
DISCOVER THE RUGGED LANDSCAPES OF THE SAN ANDREAS FAULT AND LEARN ALL ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THIS GEOLOGICAL PHENOMENON BY JEEP!
Departing from Palm Desert, take a seat on a jeep and head towards the famous San Andreas fault. You will travel to the heart of a natural reserve over 320 hectares in size and discover this geological fault that extends over approximately 1,300 kilometers. It sits on the junction between the Pacific and North American tectonic plates. During this trip, your nature guide will tell you all about the history of the Coachella Valley as well as identifying the surrounding flora and fauna.
Admire the jagged landscape that has been shaped by numerous earthquakes. The excursion will include a number of stops and a walk between canyon walls to explore a palm tree oasis in the middle of the desert. Your guide will also tell you about the ways and culture of the Cahuilla Indians and the numerous uses of desert plants: from weapons and medicine to food.
At the end of your visit, you will be taken back to Palm Desert.
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/palm-springs/jeep-tour-san-andreas-fault-leaving-from-palm-desert
A jeep and walking tour of the San Andreas fault
Return transport to and from Palm Desert
A bottle of water and a snack
The services of a professional guide
All other extras
* Availability: Monday to Sunday from October to May and Monday to Saturday from June to September (excluding exceptional dates)
* Departure point: Varner Road, Palm Desert - around 25 minutes by car from Palm Springs
* Participants under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
* This activity is not recommended for people who suffer from neck or back problems and pregnant women
* We recommend that you wear comfortable clothes, closed shoes, a hat and sunglasses
* 7 participants maximum per jeep
* A minimum of 2 participants is required for the tour to go ahead. If the minimum number of participants is not reached, a refund or an alternative date will be proposed