Discover the iconic Paris Pantheon! Located in the heart of the Latin Quarter, this Neoclassical monument conceals a wealth of historical, artistic and cultural treasures.
DISCOVER THE ICONIC PARIS PANTHEON! LOCATED IN THE HEART OF THE LATIN QUARTER, THIS NEOCLASSICAL MONUMENT CONCEALS A WEALTH OF HISTORICAL, ARTISTIC AND CULTURAL TREASURES.
Its unique silhouette and dome stand out on the city skyline from the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, the historic hill of the Latin Quarter. Since the French Revolution, this ancient church dedicated to the patron saint of Paris houses a necropolis of great Republican figures in its crypt.
The Pantheon was commissioned by Louis XV who wanted to erect a building honouring the glory of the monarchy. Then the 1791 Revolution requisitioned the monument and bestowed it to the Republic, creating an ultimate patriotic symbol: the National Pantheon. However, during the 19th century the site was intermittently revered as a religious symbol and a symbol of the people. Is was only in 1885, when the body of Victor Hugo was committed to the Pantheon, that the building became recognized as the resting place for important figures of the Republic: Voltaire, Rousseau, Zola, and even Pierre and Marie Curie are buried here.
Enter the monument to admire the interior decorated by great academic painters such as Puvis de Chavannes and Léon Bonnat. Discover the many celebrities buried within then make your way up into the Dome to admire incredible views of the capital!
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/paris/e-billet-paris-pantheon-priority-access
Admission to the Pantheon
Priority access to the monument
Access to the temporary exhibitions within the Pantheon
Admission to the Dome
All other extras
* Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
* Opening times: 10am to 6pm/6:30pm (depending on the period)*
* Duration: variable (day pass)
* Location: central Paris, 75005
* PLEASE NOTE: MARCH 9, MARS 29 AND JUNE 17 2018, THE PANTHEON WILL OPEN EXCEPTIONALLY AT 2PM
* EXCEPTIONAL CLOSURE 2018: DUE TO THE PANTHEONIZATION OF SIMONE VEIL, THE PANTHEON WILL BE CLOSED FROM JUNE 22 TO SUNDAY JULY 1, 2018. THE REOPENING OF THE SITE TO THE PUBLIC IS SCHEDULED FOR JULY 2 AT 2PM. THE MONUMENT WILL THEN BE FREE-OF-CHARGE TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL SUNDAY JULY 8, 2018.
* Last admission 45 minutes before closing. The time of last entry can be advanced at busy times
* This ticket is valid for 1 year and can be used on the date of your choice
* A brochure available in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Japanese, Chinese and Russian will be provided at the entrance
* Visitors under the age of 18 years and residents of the European Union aged 26 years and under can enter free of charge (valid proof of ID required)
* ADMISSION IS FREE ON THE FIRST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH FROM NOVEMBER TO MARCH
* The dome is open to visitors from April to October (additional ticket required, available for purchase on-site)
*October to March: open every day from 10am to 6pm. April to September: 10am to 6:30pm.
No cancellations, no refunds
This activity cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.