The old Rosen tower stands out next to the station. Extended in the 17th century, the oldest parts of the tower go back to the 16th century. It is one of the few buildings in the area dating back to before the arrival of the railway. Before the station was built, the place was still largely rural land. The railway arrived in the region of Liège in 1837, although it ran along higher ground due to the difficulties of entering the valley. It was a question of waiting until 1842 and the arrival of the engineer Henri Maus before the line was built down to Guillemins. Initially made of wood, Guillemins station was rebuilt in the second half of the 19th century. That station gave way to a new one in 1958, which was in turn demolished in 2007 during the construction of the present station.