
Kergornet chapel was a flamboyant Gothic style edifice from the third quarter of the 15th century, destroyed by bombing in 1944 and rebuilt in 1952. It was built thanks to the generosity of the nearby lords of Vergier and Kermorvan, and its nave was enlarged in 1649 by lord Le Lain. A square bell tower was added in 1786, to the north semi-transept in the 19th century.
The present building, which has been reused, retains some of these elements, such as a niche in the interior ogee or the coats of arms of the founding lords on the west elevation, symbolised by a greyhound wearing the shield and a dog wearing a helmet. The largely original north porch gives an idea of the architectural quality of the primitive building: a door flanked by pinnacles and surmounted by an ogee adorned with cabbages, corbels adorned with grimacing masks, men's and women's heads.
The Christ on the cross, dates from 1662. Below the village, the devotional fountain is a triangular wall topped by a cross, and is extended by a wash-house which was refurbished in the 20th century. Kergornet was a very popular place of pilgrimage. On May 1st, wet nurses came to pray to the Virgin and Child to have good milk. Its 17th century statue, now kept in the church, shows Mary breastfeeding the infant Jesus; a fairly common representation in Brittany, although few examples have survived over the centuries.