Early 18th century (1704) enlargement of the building by turning it upside down.
As a result, the bell tower now dominates the High Altar, a rather exceptional case.
Inside, we can admire a huge painting « The Crucifixion of the Lord ».
The painter of this old master would be RUBENS or VAN DYCK. Van Dyck being one of the most gifted pupils of the Flemish painter.
The High Altar is a beautiful piece of Renaissance marble architecture.
The Church has remarkable stained glass windows
The church is open to the public only during religious services.