
Places of burial and remembrance, cemeteries are part of our architectural heritage. Each one has its own history, sometimes with ancient tombs, chapels or crosses. Bubry cemetery, which was moved here at the end of the 19th century, houses the calvary formerly located to the south of the church. Probably dating from the 17th century, it is distinctive with its scalloped shaft, decorated with excrescences reminiscent of the bubonic plague, but it has lost its main ornaments and the cross was broken. Once framed by a statue of the Virgin and Child and one of Saint John, it had a cross sculpted with a Christ on the Cross and a Virgin and Child. The cemetery also contains the graves of the family of Marshal Louis Franchet d'Espérey, who once owned the Perros manor house. He died in 1942 and was posthumously buried in the crypt of the Saint-Louis des Invalides church in Paris in 1947.