Discover Kyoto in a morning accompanied by your guide and see Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavillion and the Imperial Palace
DISCOVER KYOTO IN A MORNING ACCOMPANIED BY YOUR GUIDE AND SEE THE NIJO CASTLE, KINKAKU-JI GOLDEN PAVILLION AND THE IMPERIAL PALACE
Your tour of Kyoto will start with a visit to the Nijo Castle built by Tokugawa Ieyasu, home to several shoguns. Discover the castle’s history, and the stories of the people who lived there as well as the beauty of the traditional gardens.
Then visit the famous Kinkaku-ji also known as The Golden Pavillion. This temple was lived in by the shogun Ashikaga Yoshimitsu and was then transformed into a zen garden at his request. After several fires the Kinkaku-ji was completely rebuilt identically and in 1994 was classed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Discover the temple covered entirely in gold leaf and admire its famous gardens.
To finish your visit see the Kyoto Imperial Palace which was the official residence of the emperor until the start of the Meiji era, and is open to the public.
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/kyoto/guided-tour-kyoto-morning-nijo-castle-golden-pavillion-imperial-palace
Commentary from a professional English speaking guide
A guided tour of the sites
All other extras
* Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
* Duration: 5 hrs. 45 mins. approx.
* Time: 8:25am
* Location: Kyoto station or your hotel
* Language: English
* If you choose to go to the main meeting point, please arrive with your voucher ready 20 minutes before the start time
* If you choose the hotel pick-up service, please be ready to leave 10 minutes before the time indicated on your voucher
* During the Imperial Palace tour you will have to fill in a form with your name, nationality, age and sex.
* The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed Saturdays and Sundays during national holidays as well as the end of December until the start of January
* The Imperial Palace is closed during official visits in April and October, May 14 and 17 during Aoi Festival and during official events
* On days when the palace is closed it will be replaced by a tour of Kitano-tenmangu
* The Nijo Castle is closed Tuesdays in January, July, August and December and during the holiday period in January in place of the Nishi Hongwanji Temple
* When Nijo Castle is shut, your tour will be replaced by a visit to the Ryoanji Temple
Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
No charges will be levied for cancellations made more than 7 days before the date of the activity (excluding special dates). After this, the following charges will be levied:
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.