The temple was built in 1830. The bible in relief that adorns the portal is an unusual decoration.
Aucelon, close to Die by mountain roads, was almost entirely converted to the Reformation. In 1644, the parish counted around a hundred Protestant families and just two Catholics. In the past, there was no temple, and worship services were held under a walnut tree in the CHeylanne district. Temple - library - town hall founded by Pastor Jean frédéric Vernier, mainly consisting of small religious treatises printed in Toulouse. Open on request. The temple was built in 1830. The bible in relief on the portal is an unusual decoration. The cemetery has always been an issue between Protestants and Catholics. In the past, the latter objected to the Reformed being buried with them, so every farm had a plot of land dedicated to the family's dead.
Office de Tourisme du Pays Diois - 05/03/2026
www.diois-tourisme.com
Report a problem