
With its covered market and shops, the town merits a wander through its coloured streets. The parish church, devoted to the Breton saint Tudy, dates from the 17th century and was considerably renovated in around 1850. The top of the bell tower sports a tuna-shaped wind vane, marking the influence of tuna fishing on the island. Numerous ex-votos, in the form of suspended model tunnyboats, are also exhibited. The war memorial with its navy fusilier and 174 names engraved on it is a reminder of the heavy price paid by the islanders in the Great War.