
This bridge and path are the ruins of 307 km of railways built by the department of the Morbihan between 1885 and 1910. Linking Lorient to Plouay, the “potato train” transported everything; passengers, baggage, postal packages, animals, cereals and other agricultural produce, building materials. With competition from roads, it declined around 1930 and was dismantled before 1939. It started up again during the war only to be removed in 1947. Since 1960, the pipe carrying water from the Scorff to supply the town of Lorient, passes under the bridge and path.