Discover one of New Orleans's oldest plantations and sail to the heart of Louisiana's swamps!
DISCOVER ONE OF NEW ORLEANS'S OLDEST PLANTATIONS AND SAIL TO THE HEART OF LOUISIANA'S SWAMPS!
Departing from New Orleans, head to the Destrehan plantation, an estate built in 1787 on the banks of the Mississippi River. Your guide will tell you about the Destrehan family history and the plantations history as well as its architectural characteristics. Also see a recreated scenes in period costume and catch a glimpse of what life was like long ago.
Then head to the bayou and sail the Manchac swamps. In this private area you will be able to see wild alligators up close!
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/new-orleans/tour-destrehan-plantation-boat-trip-manchac-swamps
Destrehan plantation tour
Boat trip on the Manchac swamps
Return bus transfer from New Orleans
All other extras
* Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
* Time 11am or 1pm depending on the duration Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the bus departure time
* Duration: 5 hrs. 30 mins. approx.
* Location: Toulouse Street, New Orleans
* Language: English
* Photos are allowed but it is prohibited to film during the plantation tour
* This activity is free for children under 6 years of age that can sit on their parents knee
* Due to the period architecture access to certain parts of the estate can only be reached by stairs
Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
No charges will be levied for cancellations made more than 7 days before the date of the activity (excluding special dates). After this, the following charges will be levied:
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.