Discover Louisiana’s plantations with this tour and learn more about the estates history!
DISCOVER LOUISIANA’S PLANTATIONS WITH THIS TOUR AND LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ESTATES HISTORY!
Start your journey by bus and listen to the commentary from your guide. Also admire the Mississipi River and the Evergreen, Felicity and St Joseph plantations famous for their sugar canes and cotton. When booking you will be asked to choose 2 plantations from the following options:
* LAURA PLANTATION : Discover the restored historic Louisiana Creole plantation and visit the sugar cane fields, the French Garden and the estate’s vegetable garden and banana plantation. You will also have access to the historical buildings, and the former slave huts. Your guide will tell you about their lives during the period of slavery and also how the estate changed after slavery was abolished.
* WHITNEY PLANTATION : Visit the plantation retracing more than 260 years in the history of slavery. Learn more about the plantation’s history and transition from Indigo to sugar at the start of the 1800s. Admire the various outbuildings which show the strong development of working plantations in Louisiana.
* OAK ALLEY PLANTATION : Discover the neoclassical style estate as well as its large driveway bordered by 100 year old oaks, running from the Mississipi River to the house Accompanied by your guide, learn more about the history of this estate built in 1839 and visit the reconstruction of the former slave quarters.
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/new-orleans/guided-tour-laura-whitney-oak-alley-plantations-departing-from-new-orleans
Guided tour of 2 of the following plantations: Laura, Oak Alley or Whitney
Return transport to and from New Orleans
All other extras
* Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
* Duration: 7 hours 15 minutes approx.(including journey)
* Time 9am Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the bus departure time
* Location: Toulouse Street, New Orleans
* Language: English
* Photos are allowed but it is prohibited to film inside the buildings
* This activity is free for children under 6 years of age that can sit on their parents knee
* In order to allow the maximum amount of time for the plantation tour we advise you to bring a snack to eat on the bus. Please note the only dry foods and drinks with lids are allowed on board. Snacks and drinks are available to buy at each plantation (at your own cost)
When booking, you will be asked to choose from the following options:
* Tour of the Laura and Whitney plantations
* Tour of the Laura and Oak Valley plantations
* Tour of the Whitney and Oak Valley plantations
Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
No charges will be levied for cancellations made more than 7 days before the date of the activity (excluding special dates). After this, the following charges will be levied:
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.