
This curious ruin is not a well, but a manhole giving access to a water conduit supplied by the park’s springs. In 1886, the town of Lorient looking for freshwater, was catching water from streams in the surrounding rural communes. Along its aqueducts, the network brought water by gravity to the north of the town. It was untreated and stored in a reservoir called “Petit Paradis” (little paradise). Water from the Scorff was added in 1911, and the system was in operation until 1960.