Spend a day with sumo wrestlers: Watch a Sumo tournament in central Tokyo and try Chanonabe, the traditional Sumo dish!
DISCOVER SUMO, THE ICONIC SPORT OF JAPAN, DURING A SPECIAL EVENING OUT.
In the afternoon, a shuttle will pick you up at your hotel to take you to meet your guide at Hamamtsucho. From there, you will take public transport to Ryogoku Kokugikan hall, the venue for Sumo bouts.
Watch as the sumo fighters use their imposing wight to confront each other in a tournament. They fight with bare hands as they seek to stop their opponent and move them backwards using their strength of body and mind.
After the tournament you'll visit a local restaurant to taste Chankonabe, the traditional dish eaten by Sumo wrestlers.
Chankonabe is a Japanese stew made from fish or chicken broth, chicken, tofu, Chinese cabbage and shiitake mushrooms and cooked in a traditional Nabe pot (vegetarian option available).
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/tokyo/sumo-tournament-tickets-and-chankonabe-dinner
Pick-up from your hotel
Transport to Ryogoku Kokugikan by train or subway
Entry to Ryogoku Kokugikan
Access to the Sumo Museum
Tickets for the sumo tournament
The traditional meal
Return transport hotel from Ryogoku Kokugikan
Any other extras
* Availability: during sumo tournament season in January, May and September
* Departure time: 1:40pm
* Duration: Approx. 6 hours
* Language: English
* Departure: Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or your hotel from the list
* A shuttle will collect you at your hotel or the main departure point at the time shown on your booking voucher
* If you are meeting the tour from the main departure point, please arrive 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time
* If you have chosen to be collected from your hotel for the tour, please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time
* The tour will end after the meal
* Seats for the tournament will be on the 2nd floor in zone B of the Ryogoku Kokugikan
* Radios with commentary in English will be provided so you can follow the action
* The sumo bouts will be between elite Yokozuna or Makuuchi division sumo wrestlers
* English programmes will be provided
* SUMO TOURNAMENTS ARE GOVERNED BY STRICT RULES. YOU CANNOT ENTER THE HALL IF A BOUT IS IN PROGRESS, IF THE WRESTLER'S ENTRY CEREMONY HAS BEGUN, IF THE SHIKO RITUAL IS IN PROGRESS, OR IF A SUMO ASSOCIATION OFFICIAL IS SPEAKING. YOU WILL BE ASSISTED FROM YOUR SEATS AT THE END OF THE EVENT SO AS NOT TO INCONVENIENCE OTHER SPECTATORS
When booking you will be asked to choose your menu:
* Traditional menu
* Vegetarian menu
Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
No charges will be levied for cancellations made more than 7 days before the date of the activity (excluding special dates). After this, the following charges will be levied:
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.