Explore the Kagurazaka area and step back in time to the Edo period during this walking tour!
DISCOVER THE HISTORIC DISTRICT OF KAGUZAKA ON FOOT!
Accompanied by your English-speaking guide, discover this elegant district of Tokyo and its unique architecture.
Your guide will take you through the winding streets of this neighbourhood that was once the city's main geisha district!
Visit the Tokyo Daijingu shrine, where the goddess Amaterasu O Mikami, ancestor of the Japanese imperial family, is revered. The Daijingu shrine is the Tokyo version of the Ise Jingu, the biggest and most famous shrine in Japan. Your guide will tell you about the importance of Shintoism for the Japanese, and the special place of Amaterasu O Mikami in Japanese legend.
You will then go on to visit the Zenkokuki temple and its Bishamonten, the representation of one of the seven gods of fortune according to the Buddhist tradition.
Spend 3 hours exploring a district full of history and spirituality!
The tour finishes with a drink in an izakaya, a traditional Japanese bar, where you can try some local specialties.
Cliquez sur ce lien pour accéder à la plateforme de réservation : https://cirkwi-us.ceetiz.com/tokyo/walking-tour-of-the-historic-kagurazaka-district
* Availability: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday (excluding exceptional dates)
* Time: 2:00pm
* Duration: 3 hours approx.
* Language: English
* Departure point: Shinjuku
* Please arrive 15 minutes before the departure time
* Please wear comfortable shoes
* The tour will involve a walk of 2–2.5km
* During the summer we recommend that you wear a hat or visor as sun protection, and remember to drink plenty of water
* This activity includes a journey via public transport between the departure point in Shinjuku and Kagurazaka. The train tickets do not include a seat reservation and it is possible that there will be no seats available.
* Access to the shrines may vary depending on ceremonies which may be taking place
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
* Guided tour of Kagurazaka
* Services of an English speaking tour guide
* Return transport between Shinjuku and Kagurazaka.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
* Hotel pick-up and drop-off
* Any food or drink consumed during your tour
* Tips (optional)
* Any other extras
Detailed information, particularly information regarding the exact address of the tour departure point, will be provided at the time of booking.
Cancellations free of charge until 7 days before the activity
No charges will be levied for cancellations made more than 7 days before the date of the activity (excluding special dates). After this, the following charges will be levied:
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.