The church of Saint Benin was part of the former Diocese of Bayeux. It became a chapel when the town of the same name was attached to Thury-Harcourt in 1858. The medieval nave was destroyed by fire in the first half of the 19th century. The tower presents a two-slope roof and is located between the choir and the nave. It is supported by four Norman pillars, the capitals of which are adorned with godroons, whereas the other church pillars are decorated with interlacing and beading. The choir is ribbed and houses a 16th century square credence.
The statue of St. Benin dates from the 15th or 16th century.
Telephone : 02 31 79 70 45
OT Suisse Normande