


The choir of Saint-Martin church dates from around 1200 and was restored in 1519, as indicated by an engraved and painted inscription on one of the choir's vaults (the same type of inscription can be found in Donchery church). The nave was rebuilt in 1769. The murals covering the walls of the nave date from the 2nd half of the 19th century. It was probably originally a castral chapel, as it is located in the immediate vicinity of the Château de Villette. During the First World War, the occupying forces removed a bell dating from 1468.
The church of Saint-Martin is located in the centre of the village. It has an elongated floor plan. The single nave is followed by a square choir with a flat apse. The timber-framed bell tower is located on the ridge of the nave, on the western side. A winding staircase leads to the organ loft. The building is built of limestone rubble with ashlar stringcourses, except for the west facade, which is entirely of large ashlar. The inside faces of the walls are rendered and the floor is paved with limestone. The building has only one storey, with large round-headed windows in the nave and small lancet windows in the choir. The nave has a ceiling and the choir is rib-vaulted. The west facade is adorned with four Tuscan pilasters framing the portal topped by a niche. The entire building has a slate roof. The nave and choir are covered by a long-sloped roof with an open gable, and the bell tower by a polygonal spire.
Parking
Closed to the public