Already registered ? Log in
Arrieux Gate
Arrieux Gate

Arrieux Gate

Credit : Collection privée

At the bottom of the “rue Basse” was the gate tower of the north entrance of Lourdes. People entered into the city by the Enjouan slope to arrive at the Arrieux Bridge where this gate tower was standing. It was destroyed in 1804.
Up the Lapacca river is still a tower of the 13th century, the last vestige of a fortified county watermill.

Technical information

24 Rue Basse
65100 Lourdes
Lat : 43.0978Lng : -0.046708
0 m
7 years