The medieval tower called Tour Grise is a former keep built by Philip II of France in 1204 after the conquest of the Duchy of Normandy. It is named after the brownish stone, called "grison" used for its construction. Called the "Falconry", the ruins adjoining the tower are the last remains of the medieval castle, which was dismantled in the 17th century by Louis XII. Inside the tower, take a look at the permanent exhibition on the history of Verneuil seen through the Tour Grise: from Philip II Augustus to Duval (when the keep was a hotel-museum) including the Hundred Years' War and the terrible Battle of Verneuil in 1424 in which 11,000 French, about 7,000 Scots fought against 14,000 English!
Telephone : 02 32 32 17 17
Eure Tourisme - Agence de développement touristique de l'Eure