Between the church in Saint-Germain de Livet and the river that bypasses the castle stands the former parish cemetery. Ravaged during the French Revolution in 1789, it was deconsecrated in 1890 and replaced by a larger cemetery located on the high road.
From 1960 to 1996, Abbot Marie, the Saint-German de Livet priest, straightened all the grave stones, even going as far as recovering a few which had been left in the river depths.
At the foot of each stone, he created small gardens with hardy plants. The flowers they bore, together with those picked in parishioners’ gardens, were used to decorate the church during ceremonies.
Telephone : 02 31 48 18 10
CA de Lisieux Normandie