The Notre-Dame Nativity church in Bernières sur Mer was built on land purchased by the Bishop Odo, William the Conqueror's half-brother which he donated to the Bayeux Chapter in 1066. Its Romanesque nave, dating from 1130-1140 and the late 12th century, is contemporary and in keeping with Normandy's finest abbeys. The 13th century brought a high Gothic choir and a stone 8-sided spire the summit of which stands at 67 metres. The 17th century was then to offer a remarkable stone altarpiece with imposing fluted columns, surmounted with large multicoloured statues of angels, one of the most monumental works throughout Calvados.
E-mail : email@example.com
Telephone : 02 31 96 44 02
OT Terres de Nacre