The Church of St. Catherine, dating from the second half of the 15th century, replaced an older stone church which was destroyed during the Hundred Years' War. It was built by the town’s inhabitants after the English occupants left. With the limited resources available at the time, they used wood from the nearby Touques forest as the principal raw material and they applied their naval construction skills.
Listed as a historic monument in 1879, it is the largest church in France to be entirely made of wood and with a separate belfry.
Telephone : 02 31 89 23 30