To see around
See more
Open
Close
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show

Oups... It would appear that Cirkwi does not have permission to use your location.

Notre-Dame Church

Description

The church was built in 1041 by the abbey of Saint-Maixent. In the 14th century, a fee of three gold florins was paid to the bishop of Saintes. A national asset during the Revolution, the sanctuary was demolished by its purchaser and the parish was attached to that of Belleville. A subscription launched by the inhabitants and a subsidy from the State led in 1829 to the blessing of the new church by the dean of Beauvoir-sur-Niort. In 1851, the parish priest was installed after the purchase of a presbytery. Since 1908, the parish has depended on Saint-Etienne-la-Cigogne. Two Franco-Polish volunteer youth work camps have created a fresco and three stained glass windows for the building, as well as the openwork gateway to the cemetery depicting a rising sun (a reference to the sunflower, called the sun, which adorns the street signs and echoes the sunflower in the church fresco).

Technical information

Updated at : 05/04/2024
Lat : 46.15282Lng : -0.55514

Altimetric profile

Data author

Image OT Niort
proposed by OT Niort
79000 France

Ratings and reviews

To see around
See more
Open
Close
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show