This mound, planted with vines in the 19th century (hence its name: Reb = grape, berg = hill) and the plateau adjacent to the Rue du Bourg, is the site of a castle that was once built here. The first builders of the castle, probably made of wood, used a slope of land located to the east of the village to raise a hill and terraced a raised plateau, the whole surrounded by ditches or moats watered by a stream rising from the Nonnenbruch (its course followed the present rue des Mines and rue du Millepertuis). The castle was burnt down by the Swedes in 1632 during the Thirty Years' War. Subsequently, the site was heavily eroded and reworked to facilitate cultivation. Excavations carried out in the 1950s and 1960s by Désiré Renaud led to the discovery of a pink sandstone archway. The site is part of a public park created by the town of Wittenheim, which opened to the public in 2015.