The 13th century Fraisse was a "noble dwelling" of which almost nothing remains today. It was burnt down in 1356 by the famous Black Prince, then rebuilt after the Hundred Years War by Sieur Jacques des MONSTIERS. It is the "old castle" of the 15th century forming the right part of the complex of buildings.
The main part of the 16th century, of Renaissance type, has a beautiful Henri II staircase, the great hall with its S.Serlio fireplace whose band represents the Fraisse of the 16th century.
Guided tour of the castle by a member of the family.
Guided tours every day from 1 June to 30 September. Saturdays by appointment.
Online booking on Patrivia.
Prices: 10€-adult, 5€-child, free for children under 15.
Visits for groups, schoolchildren and young people on reservation.